8 months ago
BWP are currently representing a major international energy developer who are active across all disciplines within solar power project development internationally and are looking for a Battery Storage (BESS) - Development Manager for their office in Paris.
The organisation has a global footprint in utility scale PV, distributed solar, C&I and corporate PPAs and we are working with the Battery Storage business unit who are looking for an experienced development professional to lead project development activities for utility scale battery storage solutions.
The role will lead greenfield development of storage projects that will support utility company needs internationally and will also support PV development activities with storage capacity.
You will be responsible for:
- Originate and assess new BESS project opportunities; as well as contributing to developing storage solutions for existing PV project developments
- Lead project development activities from inception to financial close and through execution and manage/coordinate with technical, legal and finance
- Proactively support all commercial activities from negotiation to deal closing with project developers, utilities, technology providers etc. including project acquisition agreements or co-development opportunities
- Lead relationships with OEM / technology providers and procure optimum solution and design for storage projects
- Manage the optimisation of tenders for major storage projects working with engineering disciplines and storage technology provider
- Business models understanding
- Energy / storage battery, solar and renewables technology experience
- Tender / bid optimisation and financial closing experience
- Energy market knowledge
- Storage and Plant design and sensitivity studies
- Management - team building
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in Business Development: green / brown field, construction, acquisition
- Divestment of energy storage, utility battery projects
- Preferably negotiation of PPA / PWPA / NGSA / EPC / EPCM / subcontractors / O&M / LTSA / LTPRA contracts on technical and commercial aspects