BWP are currently representing a leading international power producer and renewable energy developer who have a global portfolio and are currently expanding their footprint in the Middle East and North Africa.
As such the business is looking for an experienced Business Development Manager to be based in the UAE and be responsible for project development activities in the region which mainly consists of large utility scale solar PV public tenders:
The BDM will be responsible for:
- Origination of project opportunities (pre-development)
- Engaging with partners, off takers and public bodies to build and nurture productive relationships with key players in the MENA energy sector
- Lead the development of the projects with the technical, Financial and legal teams
- Manage the relationship with external advisors, local development companies, legal or financial advisors, environmental advisors etc and manage the quality of work provided.
- leading structuring and optimization of the project financing together with the Project Finance Division,
- Preparation of the Investment Committee dossier and presentation of opportunities to the Investment Committee
- management of the project risk assessment, in particular the legal part with the the Legal Division,
- in relation with the MEA management team, driving of the strategy of the project and the mitigation of key issues
- leading of the clarification phase and together with the MEA management team lead the negotiations with the Client until the financial closing
- Proactively recognising and developing new market and project opportunities.
Desired Skills and Experience
The BDM will have a history of IPP devleopment experience from inception to financial close and have worked on projects internationally. Perfect knowledge of solar photovoltaic and/or wind business, proven capability to negotiate usual term sheets (PPA, SHA and contracts for EPC, O&M and financial), finance structuring.
- Business / Finance or Engineering degree (ideally Masters)
- A Project Finance background is a plus.
- 7 to 15 years of professional experience in the renewable energy sector with a focus on Solar PV development in large tenders
- Proven experience in the development of energy infrastructure projects (permitting, legal, technical and financial aspects.)
- Languages: Fluent English. Arabic would be a plus.