about 2 years ago
Chief Train Controller
Primarily based in the Operational Control Centre and responsible for overseeing train movements and train controllers to ensure safe operational performance across the network.
- Ensure high levels of performance and safety standards are adhered to
- Managing the front-line operational staff and assist train controllers in the discharge of their duties.
- Maintain a thorough knowledge of rules and associated instructions.
- Maintain a thorough knowledge of signaling control systems. Paper based (ERTMS)
- Ensure that the safe operation of all lines on the network is maintained.
- Expedite track access for essential engineering activities.
- Adopt a proactive approach to operational incidents
- Ensure reactive activities to operational incidents are methodical and detailed, always ensuring the overall safety of the railway and its customers are maintained.
- Ensure that track work performed by maintainers or contractors is completed in accordance with approved procedures and in compliance with the companies operating instructions.
- Ensures that safety / operational regulations and requirements are met (compliance with provided Training)
- Maintain written records and compile reports as directed.
- Conduct staff training in accordance with training programs as directed.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the Control Division Head.
- Supervise the working activities of operatives
- Coach and mentor train controllers
- Train Train-controllers / Continually assess Train controllers
- Responsible for leading and assisting the investigations into any safety related incidents
- Monitor real time train running both within mandated and disruptive train services
- Emergency planning and major incident response
- Ensure all safety related incidents are dealt with as per organisation requirements
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience
- Degree educated is preferred
- Relevant certifications, education, accreditations etc.
- Must have previously worked in an OCC