4 months ago
BWP are presently representing a leading project management consultancy operating across the construction markets who have an opening for a Head of Claims.
Advise on all matters of a potentially contentious nature related to the project and undertakes the forensic evaluation of claims. Identify and evaluate key records and facts; evaluate all parties’ contractual and legal entitlement; advise on claim resolution strategy, client defense strategy, and program analysis; and evaluation of quantum.
Manage disputes, ensuring that robust contractual, factual and commercial input is considered. Work closely with the client’s Contracts Directorate to ensure that client’s exposure is correctly diagnosed, accurately reported and effectively mitigated.
- To be the single point of contact for the PMC for claims and disputes and to manage the claims and dispute resolution process on behalf of the client
- Provide a forensic analysis and evaluation of claims which have not been resolved at project level, including:
- Evaluation of both contractual and legal entitlement
- Collate related information and provide analysis based on facts, records and the contract
- Prepare, brief and advise strategies claim resolution, defenses and counter-claims
- Evaluate quantum
- Manage delay analysis process for all planning/time elements of claims
- Advise appropriate methods of delay and program analysis
- Dissect construction programmes for the purposes of assessing entitlements
- Provide critical path and delay analysis based on contractor’s schedule(s)
- Prepare and provide substantiation and advice related to client’s claims
- Provide all appropriate advice and support to client’s Contracts Directorate departments regarding all disputes
- Manage the input of the commercial view into the client’s decision making process around triggering disputes and/or litigation
- Undertake forensic audits of contractor’s applications, certifications, variations and claims from time to time
- Adhere to and maintain familiarity with any client procedures regarding items such as Contract Administration, Claims Management, Employer’s Claims and Contractor’s Document Inspections
- Must have extensive Middle East experience
- Degree in construction or legal related discipline or similar
- Minimum 15 years’ experience in the handling and management of claims and disputes on major construction projects
- Extensive experience working with FIDIC suite of contracts
- Wide-ranging experience of roles and positions within the construction industry including roles with clients and contractors/subcontractors