United Arab Emirates
about 1 year ago
BWP are representing a global power solutions provider who have a big presence in the Middle East with operations throughout the region.
We are looking for a Contracts Manager to join their EPC business - substation and grid projects - responsible for the drafting, negotiating and management of commercial contracts throughout the lifecycle of projects.
Key responsibilities include:
- Develops concepts and strategies for the handling of commercial and contractual topics along the different project phases in close consultation with the respective management, legal, and internal stakeholders. Advises and trains internal stakeholders in area of contract management specialty.
- Prepares contract documentation deliverables. Prepares project specific procedures regarding claims notification and documentation towards customers, suppliers, and/or insurance.
- Ensures close examination and the proper close of contracts within projects. Oversees all commercial, legal, fiscal, financial and actuarial matters through coordination with internal specialists. Supports negotiations on frame contracts and collaborates on contracts with external partners.
- Serves as the point of contact for customers on contractual matters. Ensures commitments to customers are met in accordance with contracts. Improves customer satisfaction and feedback through consistent and regular customer interaction.
- Ensures timely and accurate execution of commercial aspects of projects (contracts, payments, claims, variation orders, warranties, provisions, bank credits, etc.).
- Ensures appropriate completion of all documentation, moderates project risk reviews, and ensures proper follow-up and completion of the agreed mitigation measures. Defends the project against claims from customers, suppliers, or partners.
- At least 7 years experience in a contracts/legal position leading the development and execution of commercial agreements related to energy, utility, power, substation or industry related projects.
- Relevant Legal degree and/or studies in Law
- Engineering degree a plus
- Experience in managing full life cycle of projects including claims process
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously at various stages of delivery
- Fluent in English
- Ability to work independently and as an effective team member coordinating multiple internal business units.
- To be based in the UAE and projects across the MENA region