BWP is seeking a Director of Environmental Management for a Saudi-based real estate developer developing master plan communities across the Kingdom.
This role is responsible for overseeing the development, planning, implementation and management of the client’s vision for Environmental & Ecological Sustainability.
- Development of the overall vision for the client’s Environmental & Ecological programme.
- Development and implementation of the environmental strategy, framework, regulations and standards & provide high-level
advice & guidance to the SLT on world-best practices in planning & management of the development.
- Contribute to the development of project development standards.
- Ensure awareness and alignment with existing KSA environmental regulations, Green Programmes and standards.
- Conduct studies to identify environmental risks and develop mitigation plans.
- Development and assurance of compliance with environmental and social standards for the region and globally.
- Assume overall responsibility for quality management/ quality control for the sector.
- Act as the spokesperson to governmental entities, agencies, operators, organizations and community groups on topics within subject matter expertise and represent the environmental sector on related committees.
- Leading the development of social / community-based environmental projects to enhance awareness of environmental issues and create community cohesion & pride.
- A proven track record of dynamic and successful leadership in the development and implementation of environmental strategy, framework, regulations and standards
- Evidence of having managed large, multi-site environmental systems
- Evidence of developing the environmental sector through a combination of public and private services and offerings
- Extensive knowledge of future/cutting-edge technologies in industry
- 15+ years managing complex environmental projects
- Comprehensive knowledge of governing bodies, committees and regulatory
organizations across the environmental sector
- Strong network with senior players/policymakers in the environmental sector
- A visionary mindset, ready to challenge and advance the sector
- Ability to undertake strategic thinking and application in a dynamic, fast-changing environment
- Seen as a leader in their own sector and a credible partner across other environmental-related sectors
- A collaborative mindset and ability to work with other Heads of Function on joint projects
- Master’s Degree in an Environmental Protection related field (PhD preferred)