United Arab Emirates
over 2 years ago
BWP are representing a leading international power producer who have a significant portfolio of across both thermal power and renewable technologies. BWP are supporting the development unit of the business based in the UAE who are bidding on multiple large renewable energy and battery energy storage systems projects across the MENA region.
The business requires a technical Energy Storage profile to join the techno-commercial team and be responsible for battery system technology, EPC design review, project due- diligence and contract management all as part of tenders for large renewable energy projects with a focus on energy storage and hybrid projects.
The position will be responsible for the impact of design and technology on the costs of a project and contribute to commercial discussions and negotiations from a technical perspective. You will have a technical background with understanding of the IPP model and the commercial arrangements that exist and be actively involved negotiations of term sheets, EPC, PPA etc
- Engineering Degree (Masters Degree preferable) Mech or Electrical
- 10 + years’ experience in the Energy sectors focused on Design and Engineering with at least 5 in battery and storage technologies
- Proficient using relative design software
- Conceptual design / project due diligence experience
- An understanding of the IPP model and commercial awareness of various contracts EPC, PPA etc
- IPP model knowledge - Project finance, contract negotiations, PPAs experience
- International project experience
- Client facing communication and negotiation skills
- Networks in the international BESS - OEM and EPC markets
- To be based in the UAE permanently
- Fluent in English