BWP are representing a leading tier one international power producer who have a significant portfolio of assets worldwide. BWP are supporting the development arm of the business based in the UAE who are developing multiple large thermal power and renewable energy projects across the MENA region.
We are looking for an experienced development profile to lead the technical and engineering optimization and development of major onshore wind farms in order to achieve a financial close.
The Engineering Development Manager is responsible for conceptual design, detailed design, due-diligence and EPC design reviews as part of tenders for large scale wind and some hybrid utility scale solar.
The position will be responsible for the impact of engineering and technology on the commercials of a project and contribute to commercial discussions and negotiations from a technical perspective in PPAs, project finance, O&M, EPC, LTSA and shareholder agreements.
– Engineering Degree (Masters Degree preferable )
– 10 + years experience in the Energy sectors focussed on the Development, Design and Engineering of onshore wind plants
– An understanding of the IPP model and commercial awareness of various contracts and term sheets EPC, PPA etc
– International project experience
– Multiple technology experience is an advantage – fossil fuels and renewables
– Client facing communication and negotiation skills
– Able to work in a multi-cultural team on international projects with global suppliers, partners investors, clients.
– To be based in the UAE permanently
– Fluent in English, additional languages advantageous.