BWP are hiring for an Engineering Manager role that will involve providing engineering review and analysis on the EPC contractor’s design review process. The Engineering Manager will also manage project interfaces, provide engineering input during construction, and communicate with the offtaker on all engineering matters. In addition, the Engineering Manager will coordinate with technical advisors, resolve disputes, and possess excellent communication skills.
- Report to the Construction Director on all aspects of engineering and assist with report writing.
- Review designs of cogeneration, desalination plants, overhead lines, and GRP water pipes.
- Coordinate with the Owner’s Engineer for timely and quality design reviews.
- Oversee communication and design engineering to avoid mismatch of information.
- Follow up on engineering aspects during construction, testing, commissioning, and plant handover.
- Attend project meetings and support health and safety policies.
- Assist with technical audits and ensure adherence to company policies and procedures.
- Provide support to management and employees across the organisation.
- Ensure engineering requirements are met from the Offtaker, Lender’s Technical Advisor, and Insurance Technical Advisor.
- Ensure adherence to company policies, procedures, and systems covering construction up to COD.
- Excellent written, presentational and interpersonal skills and the ability to challenge constructively.
- Understands conceptual designs of power plants and has been involved in the construction phase.
- The ability to plan, organise and prioritise workload.
- Strategic thinking and leadership skills.
- Excellent understanding of CCGT power station and RO Desal construction and operations, maintenance & performance.
- Ability to communicate at all levels within the organisation.
- Good command of the English language.
- Ability to build and work with multi-cultural and multi-disciplinary staff.
- Ability to work with others outside the organisation to seek and exchange information related to best practices.
- Ability to work autonomously, prioritising tasks and activities in line with project engineering objectives.
- Ability to build effective relationships with key stakeholders.