BWP is currently representing a leading international renewable energy company in South Africa, focused on developing and operating large-scale solar and wind power projects.
The role involves managing a multidisciplinary team, overseeing project implementation from bid award to financial close/NTP, providing leadership, negotiating, and managing relationships with key partners & stakeholders. This position offers the opportunity to work in a dynamic and culturally diverse city with a robust economy and exciting opportunities within the energy sectors.
- Supervise project implementation from bid award (or from PPA signature when a bilateral approach) to Notice To Proceed (NTP) within the mandate validated in committees.
- Coordinate an internal multidisciplinary team (project directors and managers, technicians, legal, HSE, societal, permits, and local aspects economists, and tax specialists).
- Coordinate external consultants and/or parties, including partners’ teams and lenders.
- Supervise closing activities in all areas (EPC, financial) from bid award (or from PPA discussion when a bilateral approach) to NTP.
- Manage the project indicators such as (i) timeline, (ii) development cost budget and project economics, (iii) action lists to avoid a gap with the base case.
- Manage and prepare the project reporting to the MD and the relevant management level within the project governance (steering committee or equivalent as per the project requirements).
- Monitor and assess project risks register and mitigation actions along the project development cycle.
- Supervise or review (depending on the responsibilities allocation between equity partners) the local development (permits, land, etc.).
- Engineering or Finance or Economics Degree
- 10+ years professional experience in development / investment of renewable energies
- Knowledge of the electricity market and South African players REIPPP ets
- Areas of expertise: Project / program management with a focus among technical and financial negotiations and concession agreements (PPAs)
- Strong interpersonal skills, coordination of multi-cultural, cross-functional teams and management of various partners and offtakers
- Appreciation for detail with an analytical mind, strength of conviction, perseverance
- Strong autonomy
- Ability to deliver in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines and multiple demands
- Fluent English
- Frequent domestic travel required