5 months ago
Rail Safety Manager
BWP are currently representing a major Rail provider with an established presence in the Middle East. Due to the continued growth and demands of the business they have a number of exciting opportunities in the region.
Reporting to the HSE Director the Rail Safety Manager will support in the implementation and management of the operational safety requirements across the business.
- The overall direction and management of System Safety, Health and Environmental Management for the metro line
- Advises the General Manager and other senior managers and staff as appropriate, concerning system safety, industrial hygiene, environmental management and regulatory compliance analyses;
- Establishing and implementing policies and programs that ensure all aspects of the department are effectively and successfully managed, and support the goals, objectives and mission of the business;
- Coordinating safety activities and develops programs to support quality assurance practices;
- Establishes goals, objectives, strategies, plans, rules, procedures, and programs to improve safety and environmental management throughout the organization;
- Provides analyses of key safety issues and policy decisions;
- Provides management direction for major hazard assessments, safety and environmental policy development, comprehensive accident investigations, compliance safety audits, industrial hygiene studies, and comprehensive occupational safety and environmental management programs;
- Exercises authority to suspend unsafe operations, as necessary
- Establishes and maintains effective communication, liaison, and cooperative relationships with local governmental agencies and the safety committees
- Directs the development of effective safety and environmental training and education programs within the Organization for employees, and as required, for the general public, and contractors;
- Responsible of internal control rules.
- Authority to make independent investigation and audit;
- Responsible for the Environmental Management System and the updating of its manuals, the evaluation and necessary actions;
- Ensure the environmental awareness.
- Degree educated preferred
- Minimum 5 years of related experience within the rail sector
- Must have operational rail safety experience
- In-depth knowledge on how to implement a safety management system.
- In-depth knowledge of systems and technology installed in and around a light railway system.
- Knowledge and experience in risk analysis and safety assessment.
- Command of IT
- Knowledge of CENELEC Railway Standards, (i.e.: EN 50126, 50128 and 50129).
- Excellent command of English, both oral and written.