6 months ago
Our client is a transportation service provider based in Saudi Arabia and are looking for an Internal Auditor to join their team in Riyadh.
To help in improving the risk management and control environment by working in partnership with Audit’s stakeholders, providing advice, challenge and expertise and ensuring that issues are escalated to an appropriate level and resolved in a timely manner.
To help in improving the operation optimization and efficiency by adding value and assisting to make difference in performance
1. Review governance framework and documentation of infrastructure and operations, identify risk and gaps in both documentation design and implementation, issue related report to process owners and preform required follow ups to ascertain required action is taken in timely manner.
2. Provide a first class audit service to stakeholders through the assessment of risk and the evaluation of control processes and procedures, identifying risks, issues and developing solutions in partnership with the business
3. Identify risk within operation, classify and report to management according to the procedure
4. Validate and verify passenger train and heavy train- cargo and freight- operation and optimization
5. Assessing effectiveness and efficiency of building, tracks, and roll stock maintenance planning and implementation
6. Evaluate adequacy of train planning, scheduling, and effectiveness of signalling and communication
7. Support the CIA in the development of high impact business partnerships at the Executive Management level, which support the alignment of audit processes with business objectives and key processes
8. Manage and coach a team and/or teams of auditors to ensure that assignment(s) and audit objectives are achieved while enabling the auditors to achieve their learning objectives
9. Execute audits by gathering, documenting and analysing information and evidence on the existence of risks and the effectiveness of control measures (by interviews, observations, file review, risk analyses, reconciliation, organizational analysis and diagnosis) in accordance with approved process and IA best practices
10. Assess the client's operations and resources efficiency and utilization
11. Follow-up all pending audit issues raised internally and/or by third party auditors.
12. Prepare a draft report points and recommendations (within agreed time scales and participate in discussion with the auditee.
13. Review audit working papers and ensure that the team has completed all the test/control and file them adequately
14. Carry out the investigation when assigned by the Chief Internal Auditor (CIA).
15. Looking for opportunities to save
1. Engineering background with railway experience
2. Preferred a holder of certified of internal auditor (CIA), Lead Quality Auditor,
1. Min 10 years relevant work experience including audit experience in railway, metro industry
2. Experience in performing audits independently from beginning to end, including reporting and presentation
3. Participated in several special projects, advisory assignments and audits.
4. Preference will be given to those candidates having a recognized auditing, risk, or quality, qualification and/or extensive internal audit knowledge.
1. Strong knowledge (both theoretical and practicable) of the next areas: auditing, risk management, fraud invitation, process control, management/strategic control, risk management, soft controls, organization, change management and information technology
2. Strong conflict resolution as well as influencing and negotiating skills necessary to resolve issues involving staff, stakeholders and senior management
3. Ability to function in a time-sensitive environment where decisiveness, problem solving ability, planning and implementation skills are key behavioral components.
4. Excellent presentation skills to articulate complex information/ideas relating to strategic and tactical issues.
5. Highly developed management/leadership skills sufficient to lead/motivate
6. Strong ability to think and operate both at a strategic and tactical level, where process enhancement or creation is sometimes necessary, and able to translate this understanding into a tailored, meaningful and concrete plan for the individual auditor or member of the executive management team.
7. Ability to work across multiple tasks at the same time liaising with multiple departments
8. Good skills in analytics, report writing, interview techniques, advisory, presentation, personal effectiveness, time management and project management
9. Advanced level of the English language, both orally and in writing, preferably a second language.
10. MS Office, Lotus Notes, Auditor Assistant, Audit tools (file analysis applications).
11. Familiarity with ERP system especially Oracle is plus.