3 months ago
Our client are a global Infrastructure company who are an urban solutions partner with more than 40 offices and 4,000 employees worldwide. They are looking for a Lead Public Health Design Engineer to join their team in their Qatar office.
You will be responsible for:
- Lead, organize and manage public health engineering design team and set design criteria and perform and check design calculations and drawings
- Advice and report on the adequacy of services rendered and performance of individuals
- Keep Team members informed and aware of the latest practices, legislative rules and regulations pertaining to HVAC industry
- Control team costs and team administration and investigate, analyse and recommend on engineering system selections
- Coordinate with external consultants and design team members be able to communicate both written and verbally effectively with higher management and external stakeholders
- Prepare work progress report and review RFIs and their responses
- Provide technical advice, direction and arrange technical resources to the design team
- 2Schedule design workload appropriately, maximizing productive time to meet targets
- Ensure concept and sketch designs are approved before progressing to the next stage
- Ensure accuracy of all works carried out and timelines of work production and conduct spot checks on design and documentation work carried out by Design Engineers
- Prepare and monitor cost and quantity estimates
- Possess good stakeholder management skills
- Be able to provide PH&F designs in line with international standards
- Good knowledge of healthcare standards, codes, regulations, requirements and guidelines
- Experience in the design of healthcare facilities is required
- Well conversant with international design codes and standards such as FGI, ASHRAE, CIBSE, NFPA, HTM, BS EN, etc.
- In‐depth understanding of all phases of a project: designing, managing, completing the contract document, and seeing it through to completion.
- Must possess excellent communication, interpersonal and teamwork skills. Diligent, highly motivated and positive working attitude
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering, post graduate degree in Building Services Engineering advantageous
- Member in professional organizations such as CIBSE, ASHRAE, IHEA, ASHE, IHEEM
- Chartered Engineer (CEng) of Professional Engineer (PE) preferred
- Experience in the design of healthcare facilities is essential.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, AutoCAD, Revit, Mechanical Design Software such as HEVACOM, WATER CAD, SEWER CAD, ELITE, PIPE‐FLO, etc.
- Work experience in consultancy firms (Circa 20 years in design) with a minimum of 10 years in healthcare design
- Experience in design of complex projects