over 2 years ago
Our client is a engineering consultancy focussing on the infrastructure sector looking for people to join their team in Doha, Qatar or Dubai, UAE
- Explore cutting-edge V2X transportation technologies such as Virtual signs, In-vehicle dash boards and smart road initiatives.
- Develop concepts & prototypes of smart & connected technology infrastructures, use cases, proof-of-concept demonstrations, specifications and requirements for road side units for infrastructure integration for connected vehicle applications.
- Responsible for establishing Asset Affairs based R&D Center for V2X technology to introduce innovation into highway infrastructures.
- Develop roadmap, policies, processes and guidelines for Ashghal V2X technology integration with highway infrastructure.
- Develop business cases, detailed requirements and specifications for smart road initiative to utilise connected vehicle technologies to better manage highways for improved safety and mobility.
- Work with international suppliers, Car manufacturers, universities and standards councils to evaluate, test and form opinions on emerging technologies and policies.
- Provide technical direction to RMC project team and perform as a technical expert in all V2X technology initiatives.
- Develop and designs architectures for the best connected vehicle safety and mobility applications with RMC system integrator.
- Perform comparative analysis and maintains knowledge of emerging technologies in ‘On Board Unit’ and highway infrastructure integration technologies for connected vehicle applications.
- Work with various hardware and software vendors on complex system integration tasks related to V2X.
- Actively ideate and invent new features for the connected vehicle application use cases.
- Help bridge the world of embedded vehicle controls systems with the world of connected services and consumer electronics
- System level development with integration and debugging in Software, Firmware and Hardware
- Master's degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or Engineering
- Over all 10+ years of automotive work experience in transportation domain
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in V2X technologies research and development.
- Experience in V2X communication technologies standards (IEEE 802. 11p, IEEE 1609. X, Standards)
- Foundational understanding ARM Cortex-Mx and low-power SoCs
- Experience with a wide range of wireless standards; 802. 11(a,b,g,n,p,ac,ad) Wifi, Bluetooth, Zigbee, DSRC, 3GPP Cellular etc.
- Excellent proven understanding of hardware system communication protocol (CAN, USB, I2C, SPI, Ethernet)
- Strong experience working with Linux network application, Linux socket, Linux IPC, multithread programming and embedded Linux or RTOS
- Familiarity with standard algorithms, data structures and Software architectures.
- Knowledge of digital communication and familiarity with the ISO-OSI model and communication technologies such as TCP/IP, Ethernet, Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, Cellular and CAN