over 1 year ago
Our client are a very established international design practice and are looking for a Project Architect to join an iconic project in Dubai, on the site supervision team.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead coordination meeting with Design and Project Architect for directions on project issues or clarifications.
- Lead the site Architectural Team in ensuring accurate and timely review of project submittals in terms of multi-disciplinary coordination.
- Liaise with client representatives, contractors, site engineers and sub-contractors on issues related to architectural works.
- Attend coordination meetings with project team, client, contractors, sub-contractors and other stakeholders.
- Monitor progress and site activities in liaison with the Site Inspectors.
- Review Shop Drawings, Material Submittal, Material Inspection, Request for Information, Method Statement and so on in line with the relevant Contract Drawings and Specifications.
- Review ‘Inspection Request and Reply to the Contractor’ in liaison with the Site Inspectors to comply with the QA/QC.
- Support LEED Engineer in materials approval and subsequent submissions
- Administrative tasks to supervise and over bridge the other architects and inspectors.
- Liaison with Local Authorities for meetings and inspections where applicable
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- BSc. Degree in Architectural Engineering from a recognized university.
- Minimum 20 years of relevant experience for high end/luxury finishes, experience for Complex/High Rise buildings, out of which min. 7 years in the UAE.
- UAE Society of Engineers Membership.
- Master degree in Architectural Engineering is an addition.
- Façade Experience and External Envelop Experience is preferable
- Demonstrated ability to review construction drawings and documents for code compliance
- Demonstrated ability to review construction drawings and documents in compliance with Dubai Municipality and Civil Defense regulations
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Active team player
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Fluency in English, Arabic is an addition.
- Demonstrated analytical and conceptual skills.
- Proficiency in software applications and platforms such as Outlook, Excel, Word, MS Project, Aconex,…etc