over 1 year ago
Our client is a leading engineering consultancy that focuses on the energy industry world wide.
They are looking for a Lead Engineer with specialisation in Water Projects using Desalination Technology to support their upcoming projects in the GCC. The ideal candidate for this role will have a bachelor/master degree or equivalent with 10 to 15 years of working experience in utility scale water projects including that of the Independent Water and Power Projects (IWPP) and/or Independent Water Projects (IWP).
As Lead Engineer (Desalination Technology):
- You will lead in the role of a Lead Mechanical/Process Engineer (Desalination) for projects involving large size desalination plants of Reverse Osmosis (RO) Technology and thermal desalination:
o Feasibility Studies, Design Basis Reports (DBR) of desalination plants
o Preparation of EPC technical specification, review of technical bids from EPC Contractor
o Support to lead developers as a Technical Advisor involving selection of technology, plant configuration, preparation of functional specifications, performance assessment, availability model, degradation evaluation, auxiliary power consumption calculations etc.
o Design review of desalination plant design (process, mechanical, piping, design calculation, equipment/technology selection, O&M manuals/procedures) submitted by the EPC Contractor during the execution phase of the project including interface management, document quality management,
o building and keeping up-to-date the competence of the desalination projects: software tools including membrane projections etc.
o Review of performance test procedures and witness of performance tests
o Site construction supervision and commissioning experience could be an added advantage
The ideal candidate for this role should have:
· A bachelors/master degree or equivalent with 10 to 15 years of working experience in utility projects with power/water generation
· Proven experience in the design and project execution of desalination projects with RO technology and thermal desalination
· Familiarisation with the methodologies and modelling tools for a desalination plant
· Good technical/commercial writing skills
· Good presentational and influencing skills
· Ability to manage meetings with the Clients/EPC Contractors
· Fluency in English