over 1 year ago
We are presently supporting a major rail O&M provider who have an opening for a Maintenance Manager. Reporting directly to the Maintenance Director you will be responsible for leading and coordinating the maintenance actives across the full rail system.
• The main responsibility of the Maintenance Manager is the overall coordination and management of all the Maintenance activities.
• Updating the procedure in the Maintenance manuals & circulate operating rules and regulations related to maintenance
• Establishing and endorsing maintenance regimes and standards in accordance with relevant standards and codes of practice
• Effectively manages the implementation of preventive, corrective and overhaul maintenance programs for the whole Rail System.
• Manages and ensures the day to day operation of the maintenance department is managed effectively and efficiently
• Manage the interface between maintenance department and operations department to coordinate maintenance activities and ensure rolling stock and equipment is available to meet planned train operations and customer requirements
• Ensures that effective and adequate contingency plans are provided in the event of an emergency that may arise
• Review & assess progress of maintenance work against the plan on a regular basis and initiate action in case of any deviation from the plan
• Prepares accurate and long-range forecasts of all maintenance operational activities for budgetary and other management purposes
• Estimates staffing and material requirements, production efficiency and the need for improved system
• Evaluates and manages personnel in accordance with O&M Organization personnel manual and guidelines.
• Identify the training needs, develop & update training program for the technicians to enhance and optimize the fleet maintenance
• Prepares periodic reports to determine possible problems, trends or other items of concern to be brought to the attention of the Managing director
• Develop & maintain good relationships with internal & external service providers for optimal performance of the system
• 15 years of relevant experience in the field of engineering including at least 10 years of experience in Maintenance Management role in the railway industry.
• Experience with the development and implementation of maintenance programs and budgets
• Demonstrated ability to lead and manage a variety of cross-Functional team members
• Competent in problem-solving, team building, planning & decision making
• Ability to effectively and equitably deal with labor relations problems.
• Ability to obtain the highest efficiency from assigned staffing.
• Ability to communicate effectively.
• Professional Degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering from an accredited University
• Competency in the use of computers and various business and administrative software’s