about 1 month ago
Rolling Stock Senior Engineer (Projects)
The Senior Engineer RSM Projects, will manage the portfolio of RSM projects including: new passenger trains, new phosphate and bauxite wagons, new wagons for new business streams and new locomotives to support the growth of the business. They will also develop the project management processes within the department to be best in class
- Ensure all projects are undertaken safely and hazards are continuously identified and addressed to provide a safe working environment
- Scope projects obtain budget approval and deliver projects to schedule, cost and meeting the RSM, and corporate, requirements
- Manage the planning, procurement, and implementation of the portfolio of rolling stock projects including heavy maintenance and capital upgrading relating to locomotives, wagons, and fixed asset used to maintain rolling stock assets
- Develop the Rolling stock project management system and manage projects in accordance with its principles, procedures and best practices
- Participate, as required, in development of the departmental plans for rolling stock, and maintenance facilities
- Ensure the department complies with policies and procedures as directed, and to ensure compliance with the Integrated Management Systems and Project Management Policies.
- Ensure the day to day operation of the department is managed effectively and efficiently
- Represent RSM at all project management forums
Minimum BSc Eng., project management qualification
8+ years of relevant experience.
Self-motivated, good leader, resilient, and detail-oriented