United Arab Emirates
over 1 year ago
Senior Drilling Engineer Position – United Arab Emirates
SCOPE OF WORK
Our client are an asset owning and production company in the oil and gas sector and are planning an intensive year long Drilling & Workover campaign for some of their assets. They require the services of a Drilling Engineer with relevant experience in Engineering and Planning to prepare a robust and comprehensive drilling program for the wells
- Basis of Design
- Drilling Program
- Equipment List
- AFE Time & Cost
Consultant will also assist in
- Updating Drilling Manuals
- Technical evaluation of Drilling Rig tender
- Preparation of scope of work and technical evaluation of Well Services tender
- Review contractual terms pertaining to rig and drilling services
Plans, directs and coordinates the Drilling activities including reviewing, studying and approving drilling operational/engineering processes and reports. Supervises the planning and execution of the company’s drilling operations and well completion. Manages and coordinates the preparation of the drilling budget, controls expenditure and justifies variances.
- Plans and works closely with the Drilling team to manage drilling, well completion and workover operations and ensures that all operations have been thoroughly researched, engineered, programmed and implemented in a safe, efficient manner and in compliance with the prescribed requirements of the subsurface team.
- Directs the preparation of drilling, drilling fluid and cement programmes for drilling workover and exploration operations and the availability of the required materials.
Keeps abreast of new development in drilling techniques and ensures that subordinates are provided with such information to improve work effectiveness and efficiency.
Reviews operational and engineering reports prepared by subordinates such as drilling, well completion, workover, flow test, drill stem test and similar technical summary reports. Ensures accurate reporting of all drilling activities.
Controls expenditure and ensures that the variances between approved budget and actual expenditure are properly justified.
Provides the technical advice for drilling contractors and consultants and the technical assessment of responses to tenders for drilling services and materials, (ii) Provides advice and recommend solutions for drilling problems of serious nature (e.g. logging failure, work & cement failure ...etc.).
Third Party Services
Provides overall supervision over the contracted services to ensure that all work is properly supervised and administered, includes ensuring that contacts with operating contractors and service companies are maintained at all levels and ensuring that contractors and service companies fully understand requirements and can meet them.
Ensures safety and environmental performance of all drilling related operations.
Reporting and Relationships Management
- Frequent contacts with contracting and petroleum service companies for negotiations and supervision of work
- Maintains and exhibits excellent working relationships with all staff.
Continuous Improvement of Position
Stays abreast of current technology in the drilling activities, evaluates activities against pre-established goals, and makes recommendations based on evaluations.
Minimum Educational, Technical Qualifications/Certifications Required
Bachelor degree in Petroleum or Mechanical Engineering
Minimum Professional Experience Required
A minimum of 10 – 12 years actual drilling experience
Special Requirements and Conditions
Industry training in drilling technology and HSE