about 1 year ago
BWP have partnered with a leading power developer who develop and operate major power projects across the MENA region. They are active in more than 10 countries and have a strong pipeline of developments.
The client is currently looking to recruit a Senior Manager - Boilers with a techno-commercial background and who can act as a subject matter expert and provides in-depth technical knowledge with regards to Boilers and who is capable of using that knowledge to develop engineering solutions to feed into various points of the asset life cycle from bid to asset operations.
You will be responsible for:
- Evaluate different equipment options based on the durability, reliability, efficiency, availability of spare parts, warranties, and cost and provide recommendations to feed
into the bid package
- Design the key engineering elements required for the bid including aspects related to the selection of key equipment, equipment configuration, equipment provider, cost comparisons etc., and provide different scenarios to ensure the BD team have all the required technical input and options they need for submission and further negotiation
- Present the technical part of the bid to the internal senior management highlighting the key risks, opportunities, technical design, recommended equipment partners and
contractors etc., to ensure all the key elements are raised and discussed in a timely and efficient manner
- Support the Project Management team by reviewing the designs and engineering drawings prepared by the EPC contractors ensuring that the designs are as per the specifications and providing critical input to improvise wherever applicable
- Review, monitor and analyze the technical data from the operating plants and the track record of equipment failures, input the feedback back into the bid-preparation stage, to ensure all the learnings are captured and improved upon and any risks are mitigated at an early stage
- Demonstrates knowledge and understanding of Boiler principles – applies them in complex and non-routine contexts. Basic understanding of interacting disciplines
- Has good working knowledge of basic business principles (finance, commercial, etc).
- Has basic understanding of the codes and rules of conduct of the profession and is familiar with relevant legislation, especially HSE
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering
- 12 - 15 years’ experience in the Power and utilities sector as O&M, EPC and/or Developer