almost 2 years ago
BWP are representing a multinational engineering consultancy who have a significant footprint in the Middle East and operate primarily in the energy, power and renewables sectors.
We are working with the power systems team who are delivering advisory projects to major utilities in the Middle East including network planning, operations and operational planning, and security and stability studies.
The company is looking for a Senior Power Systems Engineer for the Middle East team, to be based in Dubai, UAE or Saudi Arabia, Riyadh, who will be in charge of executing power system operations and operational planning studies (electricity generation, transmission, distribution & industrial) using dedicated software – most notably PSS/E.
Key responsibilities include:
- System modeling, modeling of its components and controls;
- Steady-state and dynamic simulations;
- System security studies.
Your role in the power system study could vary between in function of the projects:
- Project Manager;
- Expert/ project engineer.
The role will work as project lead and technical expert directly managing clients through the delivery of advanced high level power system studies projects.
As a senior member of the team your expertise will contribute to the development of new business and growth of activity with existing clients.
Your profile & experience:
- You have 5 to 10 years of experience as electrical engineer specialized in power system studies.
- You have a very good knowledge of the PSS/E and Digsilent simulation software.
- You have experience in operations and operational planning of electrical network.
- You have experience in system stability and dynamic studies and good knowledge of power system studies methodologies in general.
- You have experience in business development and commercial activities.
- You are willing to accept short or medium term assignments in the GCC.
- You are fluent in English.
- Experience of scientific software development is an asset.
- Experience in SCADA/EMS is an asset.
- Prior Middle East projects experience is highly desirable