3 days ago
BWP are currently representing a major Rail provider with an established presence in the Middle East. Due to the continued growth and demands of the business they have a number of exciting opportunities in the region.
Terminal Master is responsible for safely managing the operations at terminals and for the compliance of the off-board crew.
- Manage Day to Day running of Terminals including dangerous goods (DG) operations.
- Lead and assist the ground staff to ensure total compliance with all safety requirements, including robust audit trails.
- Assist in the development and delivery of training material in line with company standards.
- Ensure all areas of competence within the team are current and applicable for specific role.
- Ensure all assessment and competence processes are carried out using the correct methods.
- Ensure assessments are completed in agreed time scales.
- Agree and authorise any specific monitoring requirements for individuals within the ground staff
- Ensure all files and records are stored appropriately.
- Ensure that terminal crews are trained to handle DG trains and report DG trains incidents
- Arrange and conduct meetings within set time periods with Port/Mines/Terminal Managers.
- Attend any meetings as required and complete any subsequent actions in agreed timescales.
- Ensure serious operational incidents/ accidents investigation procedures have been followed including recommendations that would lead to improvements.
- Liaise with Terminals/Port/Mines authorities to ensure optimum operation requirements.
- Liaise with the OCC on Train movements on arrival/ Departure at Terminals/Mines /Ports.
- Supervise Loading /Unloading at Ports/Mines/Terminals including DG operations.
- Assist with Changes to MOW and brief staff.
- Manage Staffing levels at Terminals.
- Be the operations on-call and work in shifts
- Be responsible for their own safety and that of others.
- Be a role model for safety through your strict compliance with safety requirements.
- Take immediate action as necessary to stop any obvious safety risks to staff and/ or operations
- Qualified assessor or working toward one with good knowledge about CMS
- Hold a valid UK drivers license
- Able to provide Classroom, practical training and conduct assessments
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience