about 2 months ago
BWP are currently representing a major Rail provider with an established presence in the Middle East. Due to the continued growth and demands of the business they have a number of exciting opportunities in the region.
Train Master is responsible for the safe operation of trains and compliance of On-Board traincrew to the business operational standards and policies. A Train Master will proactively monitor and ensure proactive management of On-Board traincrew.
- Personally, maintain driving competency and all other associated operational competency
- Lead and assist the on-board train crew to ensure total compliance with all safety requirements, including maintaining robust audit trails and dangerous goods (DG) trains handling
- Ensure all areas of competence within the CMS are current and applicable for specific roles within own responsibility
- Carry out assessment of drivers and pilots to ensure the correct standards applicable to the role are being met
- Ensure all assessments and competence processes are carried out using the correct methods
- Agree and authorise any specific monitoring requirements for individuals within train crew grade
- Recommend removal from duties of any on board staff if doubts exist concerning the individual’s capability or competence to continue, in conjunction with On Board Supervisor and Compliance Manager
- Ensure that train crews are trained to handle DG trains and report DG trains incidents
- Assist in the production, and undertake reviews of effective operational material
- Where agreed a commitment to attend and if necessary lead the investigation into significant operational incidents
- Ensure serious operational incidents/accidents investigation procedures have been followed including recommendations that would lead to improvements
- Take immediate action as necessary to stop any obvious safety risks to staff and/ or operations.
- Ensure that all recommendations from post incident enquiries are implemented using agreed processes
- Assist in the development and delivery of operational safety material. Including: Safety briefs / Safety training days, Operating notices and instructions in collaboration with Operations, Compliance and Safety departments
- Be the operations on-call and work in shifts
- Highlight any developing safety risks in general to staff and/or operations and agree any remedial actions with Operations and Compliance management
- Filling the Terminal master Task Logger and any reports needed for the operations
- Assist and support the On Board / Operations Supervisor as required.
- Qualified assessor or working toward one with good knowledge about CMS
- Hold a valid UK drivers license
- Able to provide Classroom, practical training and conduct assessments
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience