BWP (Beresford Wilson & Partners) elevates the traditions of real estate, utilities and critical infrastructure development to bring smart cities of tomorrow to life today. We play an active role in mega mixed-use real estate projects, the energy transition, renewable energy adoption and the development of digital infrastructure.
BWP are representing a major energy developer who have a significant portfolio of assets locally in the Middle East as well as Internationally. The portfolio consist of a network of thermal power assets, desalination plants plus utility scale solar.
The business are at the forefront of the energy transition and are exploring a number of distributed power projects, hybrid renewable energy plus green hydrogen initiatives and as such we are looking for an experienced Asset Management profile to lead Asset Management for these platforms.
A techno commercial profile with experience in captive power, cogeneration and distributed power projects who is familiar with the commercial performance of utility asset from the owner and/or investor perspective.
The role: To oversee the implementation of asset management strategies, policies, and programs for the portfolio of selected Assets to achieve optimal return on investment, target profitability, operational excellence and maximize asset performance and in line with the overall business strategy.
Responsibilities: include (but not limited to:) :
- Oversee and lead the financial management, contracts and agreements of the assets and their related obligations to manage the assets effectively and in the best interests of all shareholders
- Conduct regular financial and operational reports against budgets, targets and forecasts to drive improvements
- Review and update financial models to evaluate investments returns on proposed exercises such as extension, refinancing, LTSA negotiations, or any critical matter requiring shareholders participation.
- Ensure forecasting is up to date and financial & production information is reported accurately
- Support the commercial transition to Asset Management for new projects, including mobilization, contract administration, and compliance plus manage handover process from the construction to operational stage.
- Oversee all stakeholder management activities to ensure that all queries, issues and escalations with suppliers and customers are handled and resolved in a timely manner and prepare recommendation to senior management on any financial/contractual/commercial/strategic requirements
- Owning responsibility for: Team supervision, internal and external collaboration, continuous improvement , policies and procedures
Experience and Profile:
- You have 10+ years experience in the development and asset management of major utilities, IPPs, IWPPs with sound knowledge of commercial contracts and term sheets eg. PPA, LTSA, Shareholder agreements etc
- Experience with cogeneration, captive power and renewables.
- You have a techno-commercial understanding from asset / portfolio management perspective
- Expertise and exposure to financial models for utilities or energy investments
- Operational Excellence understanding of H&S, HSE KPIs, utility processes, efficiencies, etc.
- Project Management skills – ability to liaise with require stakeholders and to put together comprehensive presentation and story line to resolve issues.
- Finance, Economics or relevant Engineering Degree