Beresford Wilson & Partners are representing a leading international energy company and power producer who develop, own and operate renewable energy projects worldwide.
BWP are representing the Middle East & Africa business unit who have an exciting pipeline of projects in development and construction and who have major plans to to invest in major utility scale renewable energy plants including Solar PV, wind and storage across the region.
The business requires a Senior Finance and Investment professional with project and structured financial advisory and investment experience to be responsible for leading the relationships with local and international banks, for structuring investments and to lead the local investment and development process from origination to project financing and contractual close. The role will work closely with internal finance teams and external-advisors to lead the raising of debt and equity instruments to finance development and construction.
- Support the growth of the platform in the Middle-East, and support business development team in the origination of new investment opportunities;
- Maintain existing and develop new relationships with local banks, being aware of financial market conditions and trends;
- Undertake market soundings, prepare debt terms, and coordinate negotiations with banks for non-recourse financings;
- Take full responsibilities and ownership of financial models and conducting the required analysis and sensitivities;
- Assist in the preparation of internal documentation, presentations, reports and financial analysis on new investment opportunities.
- Master degree in finance or economics;
- Minimum 10 years experience in project / structured finance is required
- Middle East banking, advisory or developer experience with strong relationships to the financial markets and understanding of the dynamics in the GCC
- Debt Structuring or Debt Advisory experience with a strong deal track record in renewables. utilities, infrastructure or IPPs;
- Skills in debt structuring / refinancing / capital raising, structured financing and execution are needed for this position;
- Strong presentation and interpersonal skills; able to communicate clearly, in both oral and written forms;
- Language skills: fluent in English – Additional language skills are an advantage – Arabic, French, Spanish.
This is an exciting opportunity to play a leading role in a global organisation with ambitious growth plans for renewable energy in the Middle East & Africa.